Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Time Wasted...

So for those of you who haven't been unemployed before, whether every state does this or not...

Apparently the state of New Mexico thinks that people are incapable of looking for a job on their own. I wasted 2 hours of my time and the workforce center today going to a mandatory meeting that if I didn't attend would result in them cancelling my unemployment payments.

Heaven forbid the state just pay me to stay home.... What a joke unemployment payments and COBRA are anyways. $1300 a month for health insurance through COBRA, and the state only pays me $1200 a month... Some how I just don't see how any of this is supposed to benefit me.

Oh and in the mean time I am supposed to look for a job that is a job period. Whether it pays me less than unemployment or not. What a mess.

So for those of you in This So Called Life who already have this "unemployment t-shirt" I have to say I don't envy you, I never did. Now I wish I could give the t-shirt back, or say that I didn't have to travel this road at all to begin with. Where is that money tree when you need it?

No comments:

Post a Comment