Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A New Baby for Auntie Em

Today an incredible thing happened!! My little sister had her first baby!! I can't believe that my own flesh and blood had a baby!!! I have two nephews and a niece already (through marriage), and I love them dearly. But there is nothing like having you own sibling bring a child into the world. I wish I had been there to support my sister, on the other hand though with no medication I can't believe how much of a trouper she was. What a beautiful baby she and my brother in law made. I wish I was there now to soak it up and hold the little angel. Unfortunately I am at least 8 hours away with 2 children of my own on one salary... So it may be a few weeks before I see my new niece, but the fact of the matter is I am Auntie Em!!! You can laugh all you want, but I am Auntie Em and the thought that someday my own little "Halford" baby will come running to me saying Auntie Em!! I missed you, just makes me cry. I love you MAlex!!! You have no idea how excited I am for both of you to start this new journey in your life together. I can't wait to meet my little "LEV" and hold her, and kiss her. Congrats!! You couldn't have made this Auntie any prouder!!

In This So Called Life  it is the little miracles that make the difference.

1 comment:

  1. I think I cried more when my little sis had her baby than I did with my own. Woohoo for sisters!!! And unmedicated! That is soooo awesome for her and baby! And Emily, I feel your discouragement with the one salary thing! Hang in there! The Lord will bless you for making sacrifices to be home with your kids!! Have you tried teaching crochet in addition to selling your crafts? Start with church groups and community centers.

    ReplyDelete