Monday, January 23, 2012

The Blunt Factor

So since I have been on my job hunt it has become apparent to me that without stating my needs up front to employers I am wasting their time and mine. So with this effort on board mentally I sent out my resume, cover letter, and a letter of recommendation to several job listings. Now clearly everything you apply through online today is not "real" (if you will). I've already had 2 replies saying that my per hour wage is attainable and that I can do this all from home! "Yes from home!" All I have to say in reply to that is if only it really were that "easy". Also another who straight up told me "we are not a match." Which while I can appreciate his honesty coming from my honesty, all I could think was okay... Ouch... But I'm really not being unrealistic in my request.

Why not tell the person who is offering the job what you are looking for before you waste everyone's time? This way you don't waste anyone's time except your own spent on applying for the positions, just to find out you are "not a match". Which isn't a waste because look at all of the time you saved!?

In This So Called Life we have to find a balance between what is beneficial to us and what is not... Honestly if you are not going to benefit me by paying me what I am worth then you really aren't that beneficial to me... Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment