Friday, January 13, 2012

What is your degree worth to your boss?

So people after much anticipation I have discovered that to my boss my degree is only worth an additional $0.63 and hour or $20 a paycheck... This is suppose to "help" me and my family do better how?

Just food for thought...

On a lighter note:
When one is forced to find things to do that does not cost money...
A person/people can:

  1. Paint an entire shed
  2. Repair and clean out the inside of the shed
  3. Remove a cemented in gate from a side yard
  4. Finish moving pavers to complete a patio
  5. Last but not least bake a coffee cake, and a yellow cake for no apparent reason
Too bad none of the list above will pay the bills!

Have you ever wondered how we put a price on a person no matter what the work is that they provide? I have found myself constantly considering this due to my unfortunate circumstances. It seems to me that one has to know exactly what it is that the person contributes in order to come up with this amount. If you don't know what your employee does or contributes to the company or society, how can you "justify" the amount of money you do or don't pay them? In This So Called Life I'm not sure that anyone has actually done this... that or they are trying to "out-mode" me...

No comments:

Post a Comment