Monday, January 9, 2012

Education...College or not...?

For those of you wondering what on earth does Emily have to blog about? Here it is... My so called life. I recently have graduated from college, with an Associates of Arts in Foundations of Business. Sounds fancy doesn't it? WRONG! Apparently this still isn't enough education to justify a significant raise at work. Instead I get to continue to suffer and attempt to pay student loan bills on top of that.

Why is it that this country "bad economy" or not cannot seem to take pride in its achievements no matter what the value of them is? Instead we continue to look on to the bigger and better things and leave what used to be considered "great" in the dust. So those of us who are striving to accomplish something in this "bad economy", and are accomplishing are now worse off then they were before without the education. It seems to me that something has got to change, and in my opinion there is no amount of voting that would change this. If a company cannot take the time to acknowledge its employees how does it expect to keep them around? Are employees no longer an investment, but instead something that is easily traded in/out for newer or older models?

Too bad I can't make money off of my opinions...because I have got a few... No I don't have to just be grateful to have this job, yes I should typically have gotten my degree for me, but if I had done that... I would be making less than I am now... I know it is life, and I know I have said this before... but it just really shouldn't be this hard.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post! You are not alone. I think ultimately you have to do what is best for you and what makes you happy. The rest will follow. I know things are rough. That is what coffee and friends are for :)

    ReplyDelete