Monday, January 30, 2012

Recycling

So my husband and I have our little boys 4th birthday coming up in 2 weeks! It is incredible that 4 years has gone by already! Since we are in our own home now we decided to get him a swing set for his birthday. We are super excited about it, however with that said we have been discussing how to "finish off" the swing set area. Our back yard is currently unfinished so we have to decide what kind of edging to place around it and what we want as a base to that area.

The swing set we picked has a sand box... So more sand seems like overkill to me. So I decided I would go searching for recycled shredded tires. We have been to a park here in Rio Rancho, NM that had it as the base layer and it was perfect! In my search I have found that apparently they want you to pay as much for the tire in its shredded form as you would pay for it in its original form!! It is ridiculous how much money companies think they can get away with charging for recycled products!

So in my hunt for the right base layer for this "play ground" I have decided that maybe investing in some scrap synthetic grass or maybe just going the overkill route and using more sand is more realistic than taking the conventional, earth favoring route of recycled product.

In This So Called Life I am clearly in the wrong business!

No comments:

Post a Comment