Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A change of pace

So as my wheels turn... I start wondering if I should possibly start looking into a different school program. No I would not be completing my bachelors right now (that is down the road). However I have been considering things like Veterinary assisting, or Cosmetology. If I played my cards right I could do Cosmetology and work part time enough that I could be a stay at home mom and make decent money. On the other hand I could also do Medical Transcription and work from home. These are all options, have you ever considered  changing where you are in life to do what is best for those around you?

Granted in this case the benefit for me may out way what it is for others around me in some ways, but I don't think anyone can be completely selfless in the decisions that they make in life. Some day the government will realize how much a homemaker is worth and pay them, man or women, to stay home and take care of what their family has worked so hard to obtain. Someday... Maybe for my little girl? Or maybe for my little boy? Perhaps what I see as a need for now I can help to make a change for the future. I'm not sure how a person would go about changing life in this way, but I'm sure that "with a will, there is a way".

In This So Called Life we have to grab the bull by the horns and enjoy the ride.

1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you are talking about! It sucks when you have to factor so many other people into decisions you make for yourself.

    ReplyDelete